wonder fans can celebrate the striking visuals of their favorite comics with a behind-the-scenes look at the design process behind the logos, covers, lettering, layout and more in this dynamic new book, Marvel at the design.
- Marvel at the design is available to order now at gestalten.com for $ 69.
- A The special edition is also available for $ 225. The Special Edition is packed with bonus features and comes packaged in an exclusively designed presentation box, the book becomes a collector’s item in itself.
- Three bold silkscreens on heavy uncoated paper are ready to adorn your walls, and a group of embroidered graphic fabric patches, featuring designs from the Marvel Universe, are also included inside.
About Marvel by Design:
- As one of the most recognizable brands in the world, Marvel has spent over 80 years inspiring generations of creatives with its approach to visual storytelling. Marvel comics, in particular, established a distinct graphic language that has found its way into mainstream culture, including 1960s Pop Art, and today’s digital culture, games, advertising, and more.
- Marvel by design will celebrate the visual language of the company with an in-depth exploration of the design process behind the brand’s most recognizable graphic elements, including logos, covers, lettering, layout and color palettes. Readers will learn how the famous Marvel Method established a unique approach to the creative process and how that process can serve as a model for creatives working beyond comics.
- Throughout the book, Marvel by design will connect the dots between comic book culture and its undeniable influence in all creative fields, including the evolution of graphic design, editorial design, films and visual culture in general.
About the publisher:
- Liz Stinson is a writer and editor with over a decade of experience in the worlds of design and technology.
- She is currently editor-in-chief of Eye on design, a publication on graphic design and its intersection with the rest of the world.