Senior Design Strategist – Toronto, ON, CA | Works
Toronto, ON, CaliforniaLocation:
Tue 1 Feb ’22Posted on:
Life in PE:
Perkins Eastman is a global design firm with expertise in all aspects of the built environment. With studios in 22 locations around the world, we design for people, to enhance the human experience and leave a lasting, positive impact on people’s lives and the world we inhabit.
We are an integrated company with a roster of professionals made up of architects, interior designers, planners, urban designers and other professional disciplines.
Our design strategy team is made up of individuals with diverse backgrounds and talents, united by curiosity and passion to create human-centered solutions for problems of all kinds. We use design thinking to engage with customers, uncover unmet needs, and create elegant, high-performance spaces and systems that stand the test of time.
Over the past five years, PE’s design strategy team has taken on assignments spanning multiple industries. At the same time, we’ve published dozens of articles and white papers, presented at industry conferences across the United States, and launched exciting research projects with academic partners. Over the past two years, our agile team has led the development of new ways of working for multinational corporations navigating changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, as we grow our team, there is an opportunity to help shape our future as a young, innovative consultancy within a global architecture and design firm.
Perkins Eastman is looking for a Senior Design Strategist to join our growing team. We are looking for a talented, curious, enthusiastic professional who enjoys working collaboratively to bring a common vision to life. As a Senior Design Strategist, you will play a critical role in imagining, building and growing Perkins Eastman’s strategic consulting practice. You will manage projects in a variety of practice areas including workplace, healthcare, education and hospitality. Working both externally and internally, you will lead multidisciplinary teams in client and project-focused roles, as well as research, marketing support and business development. We are looking for an experienced strategist with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong writing and presentation skills, an enthusiasm for learning, and the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members.
As part of our team, you will have the freedom and flexibility to manage your role in a way that works for you. Our team members are valued for their individual strengths, interests and contributions; we work to ensure our team members have what they need to grow in their professional roles and make a meaningful impact in their work.
- Manage and build customer relationships
- Oversee the strategic direction of projects and determine project approach, scope, schedule and deliverables
- Facilitate client-facing engagements, including visioning workshops/sessions, town hall meetings, interviews, etc. (travel may be required in the future)
- Drive an end-to-end change management strategy for customers: Implement new standards and facilitate the change process to ensure employees and customers are prepared, informed and empowered to get the most out of their new environments
- Work closely with project teams to ensure strategic direction is applied to all phases of design and construction
- Lead and lead teams to deliver creative and impactful solutions to complex client challenges, using analytical skills, established methodologies and critical thinking
- Develop practice area-specific strategies, including guiding principles, space typologies, and metrics to support clients in each industry
- Conduct organizational research using design methods and tools such as interviews, focus groups, experience surveys, and ethnography/observation to understand processes, patterns, and user needs
- Develop presentations for speaking engagements including webinars and industry conferences
- Plan and conduct user research and synthesize information into a compelling and persuasive narrative
- Assist in proposal writing and lead and prepare content for client interviews.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture, interior design, business administration, human resources management or a relevant field is required
- Minimum of 7+ years of management consulting experience and/or relevant industry experience
- Experience or certification in organizational change or change management is a plus
- Experience in architecture or a design-related field is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign required) and Microsoft Office 365
- Proficiency in digital collaboration tools such as Miro and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Proven ability to build collaborative partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Experience in design thinking/user experience and change management an asset
How to register:
If you would like to join a fast-paced, dynamic, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills put to the test, please visit our careers page and apply with your cover letter, CV and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF of preference). No phone calls please.
Link: Human by Design!
Perkins Eastman is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age , protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.