Graphic Design Consultant – USAID/OTI ESP
Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way to a safer and more prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity and inclusion and strives to create and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diversity of backgrounds, treat everyone with respect and value the unique lived experiences that each person brings depending race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related terms.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture based on inclusiveness, fairness and trust. You will have the means and the mentorship necessary to succeed and your creativity will be rewarded.
The Ethiopia Support Program (ESP) is funded by the Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) under the Office of Conflict Prevention and Stabilization within the United States Agency for Development internationally (USAID). The program is managed under contract with Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) from its office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The goal of ESP is to create an environment conducive to inclusive and peaceful national consensus processes by strengthening intra- and intergroup relationships and actions, advancing inclusive and constructive public discourse, and mitigating mis/disinformation and hate speech.
ESP is looking to commission graphic design services and communications support to help the project.
The OTI/ESP team is looking for graphic design consultants from a variety of backgrounds and skills to support the program. Consultants will provide graphical support to the ESP team regarding a variety of tasks and deliverables.
Tasks to be performed
- Produce a variety of visual information materials; infographics, one-pagers, illustrations, publications, presentations and interactive materials
- Edit, revise and design multimedia documents
- Participate in the planning of reports and deliverables as needed
- Design and create reference maps
- Create documents for distribution to government stakeholders or for distribution to the public
- Provide support to ESP communication and programming staff in the field
- Support the implementation of USAID graphics standards on all new and revised published products.
- Responds to feedback from ESP and USAID/OTI staff by revising products in an iterative process.
- Other related tasks
Report : The Graphic Design Consultant(s) will report to the Chief of Party (COP) and their representative.
Assignment dates: Expected performance period July 14 – February 2024
Duration: 100 days of LOE expected
- Degree in graphic design, communications or related field.
- 3+ years of experience providing graphics, digital media and other multimedia
- Experience supporting government agencies required, experience working with USAID/OTI programs preferred.
- Portfolio of samples demonstrating experience in graphic design
- Ability to respond quickly to requests often with a 24-48 hour turnaround.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, data visualization libraries/engines
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or create a way” – that’s how Dexis goes “all in”. How are you?
If this opportunity interests you, apply now!
Only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, service military, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including breastfeeding, or any other class protected under applicable law.
If you are hired for a paid position by Dexis Head Office, you will be required to submit proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine, unless you qualify for a legally recognized medical or religious exception to the vaccine requirement. This does not apply to AL, AZ, FL, KS, MT, NH, ND or TX residents.
How to register
Apply via the Dexis webpage here.