Design Manager – Pedestrian Jobs
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn, valued at over $1 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement and benefits. We have grown 100% year over year since our inception and expanded globally at the end of 2020. We now serve over 80,000 businesses and will continue to grow rapidly in 2022 and beyond. -of the.
We believe in distributed employment and take a “Remote First” approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire globally, assuming applicants have eligible work rights and are in an appropriate time zone. If you have the skills for the role and the passion for our mission, we want to hear from you!
With a refreshed brand in place and a recent billion dollar unicorn valuation, we are looking for a Design Lead to help us continue the evolution and development of our brand’s visual language, developing a strategic approach to all of our marketing content and beyond. As part of the Brand and Content team, you will be responsible for all things brand design within our in-house creative agency.
Reporting to our Head of Brand and Content, the right candidate will have a diverse background in leading brand, strategy and design – helping build campaigns, coaching and developing a small team of designers across the Employment Hero brand house, and shaping our vision for changing jobs for good.
In this role, you will lead a team of three designers, with exciting growth planned for the team.
Employment Hero celebrates diversity of perspectives and experiences, we invite people from all backgrounds and identities to apply for this role.
- Lead, coach and continually develop the Employment Hero design team, helping them develop branded content for all marketing touchpoints, large and small.
- Effectively and efficiently provide creative direction and feedback to internal and external teams to ensure the brand is maintained.
- Work with our brand and content marketers to develop and maintain our visual identity
- Enable non-designers within the company to create clear and beautiful on-brand designs through template creation and in-house design training streams
- Work with our campaign managers, growth and retention teams to create engaging content across multiple media formats including our website, digital advertising, social media, downloads, videos, animations, events and beyond.
- Act as an internal agency, effectively prioritizing stakeholder workload and drawing on external technical and design resources as needed.
- Work with our media partners to understand design best practices across each of our channels.
- Create distinctive and compelling visuals, ensuring that our audience fatigue is avoided and the brand is continuously developed and evolved.
- Understand large-scale cross-organizational workflows and projects, and collaborate across all areas of the business.
- Over 7 years of experience designing a wide range of media types.
- Proven design experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Expertise on the Adobe suite, Figma and Canva.
- Willingness to appropriate.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A portfolio showcasing your skills in branding, marketing communications and design.
- Programs for self, health, wealth and happiness
- Remote and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog-friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those needing a day away from their home office (we are a safe workspace for those who choose to stay ‘utilize !)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, monitor? You name it!)
- We prepare you for success with the latest and greatest equipment, tools and technology
- Continuing Education Program / Post-Graduation Support
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly and annual team celebrations
- Access to the EH benefits program and the Hero Rewards store, of course!
- Employee Stock Option Program: Own Employment Hero
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raising $181 million to achieve unicorn status in February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* List of Australia’s Top 100 Innovators 2021
* $140M Series E round raised led by Insight Partners in July 2021
* $45M Series D round raised led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* Top 10 LinkedIn Startups 2020
* Seek-led $22 million Series C raise in July 2019
* $8 Series B Series B fundraiser led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Q1 2019 Category Leader
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia